At Level Up, one question that is top most on our mind all the time is this - "WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP OUR KIDS BE THE BEST AT BADMINTON?". Since our inception last year, we have initiated several programs and introduced new coaching methods in pursuit of this goal.
Today, we are going one step further and launching our most ambitious project yet - THE GIFTED ATHLETE PROGRAM.
One of the things that we have noticed over the years is that outstanding players seem to "lose their steam" over time. There have been several players who perform consistently well in the state level tournaments and in some cases even go on to be National Junior champions. But within a few years, they lose to much younger players. We have seen this across the country as well as in our own academy. We have had home-grown players who won National Junior titles and yet in recent years, have gone on to lose to players several years younger. In most cases, these better players come from two academies - P.Gopichand Academy or from PPBA.
It surely doesn't take a genius to identify the reason behind this. Simply put, the standards at these places are better. While we are second to none in terms of infrastructure, quality of coaching, and training methods, we have fallen short in other areas such as tournament exposure, fitness, and financial assistance.
It is our deepest desire to excel as an elite academy and help athletes realize their full potential. So along with the help of the PBL Bengaluru Raptors team and Level Up Sports Foundation, we have taken the first step towards addressing these shortcomings.
These are early days in our program, but we will always be governed by our guiding principle, which is:
What is THE GIFTED ATHLETE PROGRAM ?
- Specific and well planned outline of training, competition and recovery to ensure optimal development throughout an athlete’s career, to prevent injuries and increase play time.
- Based on physical, emotional, mental and cognitive development of the athlete with each stage reflecting a different point in athlete development.
- Facilitates exchange programs with reputed academies across the world.
- Provides state-of-the-art facilities and allow the athlete to focus on performance.
- Identifies and nurture athletes in all age categories.
Who heads the Gifted Athlete Program?
The Gifted Athlete program is headed by Arvind Bhat, one of the best singles players India has produced and supported by Prashanth Reddy, the PBL Bengaluru Raptors team and Level Up Foundation.
Arvind's accomplishments as a coach:
- Formulated a curriculum for pro batch and elementary level where coaches impart a fun filled and educative set coaching standards best suited for kids in the stipulated time. Academies in several centres in Bangalore impart modules created by Arvind.
- Coach of the Indian seniors team for many International Super series events where he has coached the likes of Sindhu and Srikanth and also assisted P. Gopichand (chief national coach) in these events.
- Head Coach of the Bengaluru Raptors team at the Premier Badminton League.
- National Selector for the Indian junior team.
- Very well connected in the Badminton fraternity in India and the world for growth in all verticals of the sport.
- Helping Badminton Association of India in various aspect for growth of the sport overall.
Arvind's accomplishments as a player:
- German Open Grand Prix Gold event winner 2014. First male player from India to win the event.
- National Badminton Champion Gold medallist in Men singles category for the year 2009 and 2011. Won Silver medal in 2002, 2004, 2006 and 2008.
- Ranked No.1 in the country for 4 years between 2002 and 2012.
- Represented India in more than 100 events around the world during his career.
- Highest World Rank of 20 in the year 2009
- Represented various German clubs for 13 years and was winner in german League for 3 years and also helped formulate new ideas and rules during that years.
- Winner of 7 International events in his career.
- Thomas Cup India captain in the year 2012.
- Ekalavvya Award winner- highest sportsman award in Karnataka
Eligibility to apply for the Gifted Athlete Program
It is a well known fact that a successful athlete has the right mix of talent and motivation. So while winning tournaments or even being a state champion is commendable, we firmly believe that to Level Up your skills and realize your full potential, motivation to work hard is of the highest importance.
These two quotes best summarize our philosophy:
What you don’t sweat out when you’re young will turn into tears when you’re old.
Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
So, if you believe that you can work hard, have an outstanding work ethic and burning desire to never give up, then APPLY here and we will be thrilled to meet you.
25% OF THE TIME, YOU’LL FEEL GREAT AND BE AT YOUR BEST. YOU’LL WIN ON THESE DAYS WITHOUT MUCH EFFORT.
25% OF THE TIME, YOU’LL FEEL TERRIBLE AND YOU’LL LOSE ON THESE DAYS NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRY.
50% OF THE TIME, YOU’LL FEEL JUST OK. MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY, SOMETHING WILL BE BOTHERING YOU. IF YOU CAN DIG DEEP AND WIN THESE GAMES, YOU’LL BE A GOOD PLAYER. IF NOT, YOU WON’T PLAY VERY LONG.
At Level Up we focus on teaching you to manage what you can control and to ignore what you can't. The most successful athletes in the world don't view themselves as particularly talented. Where they excel is ridiculous, sickening, work ethic.
How do we support you in this journey?
We believe that an elite athlete needs the best in everything in order to perform his best. In order to help our elite athletes be the best, as part of the scholarship we provide:
- International quality shuttles for multi-feed sessions and practice sessions.
- Best in class racquets.
- High quality badminton apparel for training and matches.
- Badminton shoes recommended by the best brands and top players.
- Badminton kitting including Kit bags, Backpack, Track suits, and Socks.
In addition, we also support our athletes financially.
- Scholarship cannot be claimed for both singles and doubles.
- Scholarship can be claimed in 2 age groups for one category only (either singles or doubles).
- Scholarship amounts will be paid out every quarter at the end of the quarter.
- Scholarship will be given out to special cases even if the athelte doesn’t match criteria. This will solely be at the discretion of Level Up management and Gifted Athlete Program coaches panel.
- Level Up gifted athlete programme director and chief coach will have final say in all matters regarding the scholarship.
- All athletes will be subjected to performance review every 6 months and scholarship terms may be ammended based on the results of this review.
- Every quarter assessment will be done by chief coach on several criteria
including, Fitness, Skill, Tournament performance, Ranking, Discipline,
Punctuality, Sincerity, Adaptability, Communication skills, Will power,
- All selected athletes will have to train in Level Up affiliated academies only.
- Selection event will be conducted for players to avail additional sponsorship for All India events.
- Selected players will get 10,000/- tournament expenses reimbursement after submitting report of the event. A total of 2-3 such events will be sponsored in India.
- Selection event will be conducted for players to avail additional sponsorship for International events.
- Selected players will get 20,000/- tournament expenses reimbursement after submitting report of the event. 1-2 such events will be sponsored per year per player.
We will be accepting 30 athletes for the Gifted Athlete Program in 2019. To apply for this program, please fill in your details here and we will get in touch with you.
Please submit your applications here before May 30th to be considered for the Summer 2019 batch starting July 1st.
For more information, contact us on - +91 96069 99133 or email us on email@example.comAPPLY NOW